When it comes to your car, you want to make sure that it is running as efficiently as possible. That is why it is important to regularly clean your fuel system. Fuel system cleaners help to remove deposits that can build up on your fuel injectors, intake valves, and combustion chamber. This build-up can cause your car to run less efficiently and can even lead to engine damage.
There are a lot of fuel system cleaners on the market, so how do you know which one to choose? Consumer Reports has done the research for you and has compiled a list of the best fuel system cleaners.
The best fuel system cleaner overall is the Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment. This cleaner is designed for both gas and diesel engines and can be used in all types of vehicles. It is safe to use and is effective at removing deposits.
If you are looking for a fuel system cleaner that is specifically designed for gas engines, the best option is the Lucas 10013 Fuel Treatment. This cleaner is designed to improve fuel economy and to reduce emissions. It is also safe to use and is compatible with all types of gasoline.
If you have a diesel engine, the best fuel system cleaner for you is the Stanadyne Performance Formula Diesel Fuel Additive. This cleaner is designed to improve fuel economy and to reduce emissions. It is also safe to use and is compatible with all types of diesel fuel.
No matter what type of vehicle you have, there is a fuel system cleaner that is right for you. These cleaners will help to keep your car running smoothly and efficiently.
Fuel System Cleaners Comparison Table
Best Fuel System Cleaners Reviews By Consumer Reports March 2023
Below is the list of top Fuel System Cleaners with a detailed guide that you can consider in your purchase:
Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner - 20 oz.
- QUALITY ASSURED
- Reduces: rough idle, engine surge, hesitation, and spark plus fouling
- 20 oz. bottle.
- Improves: cold start performance, and fuel stability for up to one year
K&N Performance+ Fuel System Cleaner: Restores Performance and Acceleration, 16 Ounce Bottle Treats up to 21 Gallons, 99-2050
- RESTORES PERFORMANCE: Fuel injector cleaner cleans entire fuel system to help restore lost engine power
- INCREASED RESPONSIVENESS: Helps restore lost acceleration and throttle body response
- REDUCES CARBON DEPOSITS: Injector cleaner helps remove carbon buildup for increased power and acceleration
- SAFE ON ALL ENGINES: Specially formulated for direct injected or traditional fuel injected engines
- TREATS A FULL TANK: Formulated to treat up to 21 gallons of gasoline
Cataclean 120007 Complete Engine, Fuel and Exhaust System Cleaner, 473 Milliliter
- Using Cataclean can lower your total hydrocarbon emissions by up to 50 percent
- Reduces carbon build-up in catalytic converter, oxygen sensors, fuel injectors and cylinder heads which results in improved fuel efficiency
- Improves overall vehicle performance-including driveability issues such as power reduction, hesitation, rough idle, hard starts and lost fuel economy
- Safe for gasoline, diesel, hybrid and flex-fuel vehicles; does not alter fuel
- Not for use in 2-stroke or oil / gas mix engines
2 cans of BG 44K Platinum
Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant & Fuel Injector Cleaner (5.25 oz.)-12 Pack
Gumout 510013 High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner, 6 oz. (Pack of 6)
1 used from $17.09
- The more an engine is driven, the more carbon deposits can build up on fuel injectors, intake valves and ports
- Gumout High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner is specially formulated to remove carbon deposits from engines with more than 75,000 miles
- Cleans fuel injectors, intake valves and ports to restore performance, fuel economy and prevents future carbon build-up, which reduces emissions
- Oxygen sensor safe and safe for use in turbocharged and supercharged vehicles
- Recommended use every 3,000 miles and will not void OEM/manufacturer’s warranty
Gumout 510011 Multi-System Tune-Up, 16 oz.
$6.50 in stock
- Use in gas, ethanol/flex fuel, diesel & biodiesel engines
- Restores fuel economy and improves engine performance
- PEA (polyetheramine) effectively removes carbon deposits from the entire fuel & oil systems
- Stabilizes fuel and oil for up to 2 years
- Helps pass emissions testing, Lubricates upper cylinders, and Fights ethanol related rust & corrosion
Complete Fuel System Cleaner, Fuel Cleaner Deep Cleans Entire Fuel System, 5.25 Oz, STP
- Save gas by keeping fuel intake system clean
- Helps restore performance
- Removes deposits from entire fuel system
- Helps inhibit corrosion
- Compatible with cap-less fuel tanks
Red Line 60103 Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner, 15 Ounce, (15 Ounce, (Pack of 2))
- DESIGNED TO EXCEED EXPECTATIONS: Red Line complete SI-1 fuel system cleaner treatment for cleaning and preventing corrosion in fuel systems
- PERFORM AND PROTECT: Fuel additive cleans injectors, carburetors, valve and combustion chamber deposits with a powerful, concentrated blend of high-temp and low-temp detergents
- EFFICIENT FUEL BURN: Gas treatment that enhances gasoline stability, while reducing the build up of gum and varnish formation
- EASY TO USE: Use one bottle per tank for most effective treatment, additive cleans nearly 100% efficiency in one treatment
- 15 Ounce (2 Pack)
High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner and Carburetor Cleaner Treatment, Bottled Lubricant for Upper Cylinder, 5.25 Oz, 2 Count, STP
- Two 5.25 fl oz bottles of STP High Mileage Fuel Injector & Carburetor Cleaner Treatment
- Fuel treatment additives help remove deposit buildups to save gas
- Friction modifier in the fuel additive combats upper cylinder friction
- STP fuel injector cleaner can help prevent hard stops, lost acceleration and rough idling for improved performance
- Jet fuel serves as the carrier for the active ingredients, creating a high-quality additive for easy auto care