Water filtration systems are an important part of any home, office, or public space. They remove impurities from water, making it safe to drink and use. Consumer Reports has compiled a list of the best water filtration systems on the market, based on their performance, features, and price.
The best water filtration system for most people is the Brita UltraMax Water Dispenser with Filter. This system filters out impurities, such as lead and chlorine, and has a large capacity, making it ideal for families or offices. It is also one of the most affordable systems on the market.
If you are looking for a more powerful water filtration system, the Aquasana AQ-5200+ is a good option. This system removes more than 99% of contaminants, including viruses and bacteria. It is also certified to remove lead and other heavy metals.
For the ultimate in water filtration, the Berkey BK4X2-BB is a top choice. This system filters out more than 99.9999% of contaminants, including viruses, bacteria, and parasites. It is also certified to remove fluoride, lead, and other heavy metals.
No matter which water filtration system you choose, you can be sure that you and your family will have safe, clean water to drink and use.
Water Filtration Systems Comparison Table
Top Water Filtration Systems Reviews By Consumer Reports March 2023
Below is the list of top Water Filtration Systems with a detailed guide that you can consider in your purchase:
APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Series Top Tier 5-Stage Certified Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System , White
$169.95 in stock
21 used from $149.82
- Supreme quality - designed, engineered, and assembled in USA to guarantee water safety & your health. WQA certified to provide unlimited clean, refreshing crisp tasting water superior to bottled water
- Premium long-lasting filters remove up to 99% of contaminants such as chlorine, taste, odor, VOCs, as well as toxic fluoride, arsenic, lead, nitrates, heavy metals and 1000+ contaminants. Max Total Dissolved Solids - 2000 ppm. Feed Water Pressure 40-85 psi
- America's No.1 rated water filter brand with 20 years of success guaranteeing trouble free, noise-free system for long lasting, dependable, pure drinking water. 2 year extended manufacturer warranty is available upon registration
- System comes with 100% lead-free designer faucet, plus certified JG food grade tubing and parts to provide safe, contamination-free pure water. Pipe Size: 1/4 inches.
- High quality leak-free quick connect fittings require no extra lock clips to seal leak - not relying on water leak detector to protect your home like other brands. Comes with all parts and industry's best instructions and videos for an easy DIY experience.
Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5 Anti-Oxidant Boost Water Ionizer | Alkaline Water Filtration System | Produces pH 3.0-11.5 Alkaline Water | Up to -880mV ORP | 4000 Liters Per Filter | 7 Water Settings
- ANTIOXIDANT BOOST TECHNOLOGY | Antioxidants help increase energy, eliminate free radicals, and reduce inflammation which helps the body repair itself.
- MICRO-CLUSTERED ALKALINE WATER | Smaller water clusters allow your body to absorb the water faster and more efficiently, eliminating the full feeling from drinking water.
- SELF CLEANING | The unit cleans itself by reversing the polarity after each use and auto-plate washing around every 10 gallons.
- FILTER | Activated Carbon filter removes chlorine, odor, and filters dissolved solids from source water. Cleans and treats 4,000 liters each. Includes Mineral Filter for reverse osmosis and well water.
- 7 HEALTHY WATER OPTIONS | 4 alkaline ionized continuously variable; 1 non-ionized purified; 2 ionized acidic presets.
Purewell 2.25 Gallon Stainless Steel Gravity Water Filter System with 2 Black Purification Elements, Countertop Filtration System for Home and Outdoor Use (Without Stand)
- 3-Stage Filtration System - First stage, Activated Carbon filters chlorine and improve the odor and taste of the water. Second stage, Silver Ion eliminates various tiny matters. Third stage, Hollow Fiber Ultrafiltration Membrane filters pollution, organic chemicals and tiny matters. One more filter stage, one more guarantee.
- Smaller Filter Pore Size - The filter pore size of Purewell gravity water filter is 0.01 microns so that it can filter out 99.99% tiny materials from the water while other brands' filter pore size is only 0.2 microns. The smaller filter pore size, the higher filtering accuracy. What's more, Purewell water filter system can maintain the optimal flow rate (4 gallon/hour) while the filter pore size is smaller.
- Non-slip Bottom Design - The bottom of the gravity filter system is made of non-slip material, which can make it more stable and will not fall over or slippery. Ensure the safety of your families.
- Energy Saving - Relying on the principle of gravity filtration, no electricity is needed. The gravity water filter system is divided into upper and lower layers. The upper layer can be filled with unfiltered tap water, the lower layer will get clean water after filtered. Because it does not require electricity, it can be used indoors and outdoors. NOTICE: When the bottom bucket is full of filtered water, please do not add tap water to the top bucket or it will leak out.
- Long Lifespan and Replaceable - Purewell purification filter can provide up to 6000 gallons drinking water, the service life of a single filter element is 3000 gallons (According to different water quality, the lifespan of the filter elements would be a little different). But for optimum performance, the filter elements should be replaced every 6 months. NOTICE: The filter element DOES NOT lower TDS value.
Water Purifier Machine Water Ionizer ORP+500 to -800 PH 2.5-11.2 Alkaline Acid Water Best Home Alkaline Water Filtration System/Instant heating58-136.4 °F/12,000 Liters Per Filter / 7 Water Settings
- 1. Includes a super large 8-inch colorful LCD screen display, displaying more information. Elegant and solid CDC TOUCH CONTROL panel, easy to be used by elder people. The LCD displays pH and ORP, flow rate, temperature, filters' usage life, helping the user to select suitable water.
- 2. Using high-power SMPS power supply, it is suitable for many different power supplies in the world, safe and reliable. The electrolysis with the Microcomputer automatic control system can work perfectly in the water TDS from 50 to 1500PPM
- 3. It has a Built-in water filtering system, showing the filter lifespan in time, to make sure the water quality is safe to use. It has the self-cleaning function, to prevent scaling.
- 4. Japan imported stainless steel spouts, never rust, free to be bent in any direction. 8pcs Titanium with Platinum coating plates, applied with Japan imported IONIC MEMBRANCE, providing higher efficiency electrolysis and longer working life.
- 5.Additional Features: 110V~220V power universal/ produce water pH 2.5 to 11.2/ +500 to -800mV ORP level/ Make the water TDS from 50 to 1200PPM.Warranty: one year after receiving machine.
Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0 | Water Ionizer | Alkaline Water Filtration System | Produces pH 4.5-11.0 Alkaline Water | Up to -800mV ORP | 4000 Liters Per Filter | 7 Water Settings
- 7 Healthy Water Options: 4 ionized alkaline continuously variable; 1 non-ionized purified; 2 ionized acidic presets.
- Advanced 7-Electroplate Technology: 7 platinum coated titanium, long-life, durable, energy-efficient plates.
- Built-in Active Carbon Water Filter: Long-life, hi-tech filter purifies over 1,585 gal. of water and last up to a year.
- Self-Cleaning: Unit cleans itself by reversing polarity after each use and auto-plate washing itself every 10.5 gal
- Additional Features: Fully variable 4.5 to 11 pH; OPR Range +600 to -750mV; intuitive backlit LCD, 5-year warranty.
Big Berkey® Gravity-Fed Water Filter with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- ENJOY GREAT-TASTING TAP WATER EVERY DAY AT HOME- The Big Berkey System can be used on a countertop in your kitchen or office to transform bad-tasting tap water into delicious drinking water that's also ideal for making your favorite beverages or cooking. Equipped with Black Berkey Elements, the Big Berkey System addresses over 200+ typical contaminants that could be present in tap water.
- POTABLE WATER IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS- Black Berkey Elements remove or dramatically reduce over 200+ typical contaminants that could be present in lakes, rivers, ponds, streams and other freshwater sources—no electricity, tools, or plumbing are required. The Big Berkey Water Filter System provides clean, refreshing potable water while camping, fishing, RVing, off-grid living and in emergencies, disaster preparedness and recovery scenarios.
- ECONOMICAL, LONG-LASTING- Black Berkey Elements provide filtered water for just pennies per gallon. Each pair of Black Berkey Elements lasts for up to 6,000 gallons before replacement is recommended. Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water. Each additional pair of Black Berkey Elements (sold separately) adds an additional 6,000 gallons of contaminant reduction.
- INDEPENDENT TESTING- Black Berkey Elements have been tested by accredited third-party labs that have reported that the elements remove or reduce over 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- 2.25 GALLON CAPACITY- The portable Big Berkey System effortlessly filters water for about 1-4 people each day. Add additional Black Berkey Elements, sold in sets of 2, to increase the flow rate (the Big Berkey System can hold a maximum of 4 Black Berkey Elements). The system is just 19.25” tall and 8.5” in diameter.
iSpring WF150K Whole House Central Water Filtration System with Set and Forget Smart Valve, Up to 10 Years
$1,358.30 in stock
- Enjoy clear water from every faucet: This whole house water filter system is installed at the main water entry and removes chlorine, lead, H₂S (rotten egg smell), heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, VOCs, and various other contaminants. Supplying the entire building with clear and good tasting water, the filtration capability of this whole house water filter is tested by the water lab to meet NSF/ANSI 42 and 53 standards.
- High capacity: The patented filtration media formula is back flushed and regenerated at the set cycles by the digital smart control valve. iSpring WF150K whole house water filtration system is designed to last 10 years for homes with 2-3 bathrooms or 5 years for homes with 4-5 bathrooms, requiring minimum maintenance. Because of its high capacity and low maintenance, this whole home water filter system is good for commercial usage as well.
- Protect your household appliances: The WF150K whole house central water filtration system helps to extend the lifespan of your plumbing system and the household appliances, such as washing machine, dishwasher, water heater, etc.
- Minimum maintenance requirement: With the digital screen, you can easily set your personalized auto-flush intervals depending on your incoming water quality and water usage. The WF150K whole house filter is basically maintenance-free after the initial set up, which saves your time and money in the long run.
- Peace of Mind Customer Service: Besides 30-day money-back, iSpring stands behind its products by providing 10-year extended manufacturer warranty and life-time free tech support for this whole house water filter. Please activate it online after installation. Local customers are welcome to visit us and pick up the products at our warehouse.
iSpring CRO1000 4-Stage Tankless Commercial Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System, for House, Restaurant, Small Business, and Light Industrial Use,1000 GPD High Flow, Upgraded Size Filters
$1,049.00 in stock
- Commercial RO System with Reliable Features: CRO1000 is a true commercial-grade high output, 1,000 GPD, reverse osmosis water filtration system. Features a tankless design with increased production of on-demand clean filtered water. Working water pressure ranges from 80 to 130 psi and 0.7 GPM output speed. Built-in water inlet and outlet gauges for easy pressure monitoring. Optional PMP1000 booster pump is recommended for water pressure 80 psi and below
- High-Efficiency Commerical Size RO Membrane: Removes up to 99% of over 1, 000 contaminants, including lead, chlorine, fluoride, arsenic, asbestos, calcium, sodium, and more. With a larger size membrane, this core of CRO1000 beats contaminants and provides you with clean water up to 1,000 gallons per day
- 4-Stage Water Filtration: The CRO1000 equips with large light commercial-grade filters including one 20” x 4.5” PP Sediment Filter with clear filter housing that offers easy water quality and filters replacement monitoring, two 20” x 4.5” Carbon Block Filters, which improve the water taste, and an RO Membrane rated at 1,000 GPD in a stainless steel membrane housing
- Easy Installation and Maintenance: Replace 1st stage filter every 3-6 months, 2nd stage and 3rd stage filters every 6-12 months, and replace RO membrane every 2-3 years. The filter replacement schedule depends on the source water quality. The freestanding metal frame on wheels with locking brakes for ease of movement
- One RO System for All: Connect iSpring CRO1000 to your own choice of water dispenser system, drinking water faucet, icemaker, refrigerator, espresso coffee machine, hydroponics, and more. Not only an excellent choice for residential drinking water treatment but also suitable for office light industrial use, and small businesses like restaurants, coffee shops, bars, teashops, breweries, spas, and clinics
3M Aqua-Pure Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System 3MRO501,98088
- CLEANER DRINKING WATER: Filter reduces particulates*, chlorine taste and odor, arsenic (pentavalent), barium, cadmium, chromium, copper, cysts, fluoride, lead, radium, selenium, TDS, turbidity, nitrates and nitrites.
- EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE OF REVERSE OSMOSIS FROM 3M: Delivers some of our best in-home water filtration using a multi-stage reverse osmosis process for cleaner, clearer better-tasting drinking water. This technology leverages pressure to force your water through a semipermeable membrane, delivering a higher level of filtration than some traditional methods.
- NSF TESTED AND CERTIFIED FILTRATION: Features a sediment and a 5-micron carbon pre-filter and an additional post filter. Tested and certified (NSF/ANSI Standard 42, 58 and CSA B483.1) to reduce a wide range of contaminants that may be present in local water supply.
- DEDICATED POLISHED CHROME FAUCET: System includes an elegant faucet with a side handle. Requires a ½” hole or can be fitted into an existing 1-3/8” standard hole with included adapter. Uses a 3/8” NPT quick connect push-in connection.
- REPLACE FILTERS QUICKLY WITHOUT TOOLS: Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) design allows for fast and easy filter cartridge change-outs (just a quarter turn) without contacting and potentially contaminating filter media or using a filter wrench.
SimPure T1-400 UV Reverse Osmosis System Under Sink, 400GPD Tankless RO Water Filter Systems for Drinking, 5 Stage Filtration Purification, 1.5:1 Pure to Drain, SGS Certified
- - : Test and certified by SGS, it uses 5-stages of filtration, purification to remove up to 99.99% of lead, hydrogen sulfide, chlorine, chloramines, chemicals, heavy metals, fluoride, TDS, pharmaceuticals, microplastics, and 1000s of other contaminants while safely sterilizing 99.99% of microorganisms, viruses, and bacteria. BPA and Lead free.
- & % : SimPure high-efficiency RO Filter removes contaminants 0.0001 microns or greater in diameter, If the TDS of your tap water is between 0-200ppm, the filtered water will near 0ppm. If the TDS is between 200-500ppm, the filtered water will be below 25ppm.
- ＆ .: : SimPure T1-400 tankless RO water filter system offers faster water flow (400 gallons per day) and can filter a cup of water in about 12 seconds. Compared to traditional RO systems, the SimPure RO system has a low drain ratio of 1.5:1 and it equipped with a boost pump, reduced TDS creep and saves water bills by 500%.
- ＆ : Tankless Design limits the possibility of bacterial growth in the system and helps you save up to 70% of space under the sink, SimPure tankless ro water filtration system offers an Impressive 400GPD (gallons per day) flow rate, there’s no waiting around for this system to filter your water. (RO systems with tanks require at least 20 minutes for the tank to fill before use)
- & -- : Compared to the 'canister filter housing' design of traditional RO systems, its unique ‘all-in-one’ filters design avoids kinks and leaks, 4 larger and more efficient filters than similar products for longer service life, it comes with a water pressure gauge to remind you to replace the filter, easy to replace in 3 seconds.